Thursday, April 26, 2007

Do I make you think ?

I think I thought a thought, but if I thought the thought I thought I thought, what was I thinking?

Aaaah ! I am happy. Happy for many reasons. No, it has nothing to do with that Smiling post.

Well, I am tagged again but this time with a difference !

I am given a tag of ‘Thinking Blogger Award' by a fellow blogger and a regular here, Mur of Queensland, Australia who has nominated ‘One From the Cuckoo’s Nest’ i.e. my blog as one of five blogs that makes him think.

My blog is not even a year old.. only a few months, not even completed 100 posts and now this ?

Well, I am honoured, humbled, touched and of course I am flattered. Thanks Mur.
It is nice to be recognized for your thinking cap but then I realized just because I make him think, does that necessarily mean I am a noteworthy thinker ?? What do you all say ?

In Mur’s words “Cuckoo who is a popular sub-continent blogee with some great stories and a huge local following”. Well, that’s your generosity Mur.

Now, it is my turn to tag five bloggers who come to my blog and whose works make me think. Hmmm.. a difficult one I must say since all of you guys’ work make me think.

So, here goes my list.

1. Mur Yes, I am tagging him back as his blog is a mix of thinking box with a good sense of humour and without whom I wouldn’t be writing this post.
2. Gaurav who says a lot through his posts including some of his nonsense ones. ;)
3.
Peace with Guns who writes some life tales with nice simplicity.
4. Aditi mostly writes some serious posts which really make me wonder whether she is my soul sister.

5.
SiD some of his posts [not the current ones ;)] were quite thought provoking ones.

Now it’s your turn to carry on the good work. And you can tag me back if you think my blog makes you think a little.

Ok, once again the rules are:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to five blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the origin of this award.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

P.S.:- And I think I am going to win another award this year.. to be ‘The Most Tagged person of the Year’ [There are still some pending ones :(]. Thanks to my regular readers and welcome to the new ones.

Current song- Sensualité - Axel Red
Technorati Tags:-

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS !! The first one to comment gets the brownie...Right !

Aditi said...

aww... first of congrats on the award yourself... and second of... thank u..i feel honored of sorts..that my incessant rambling is considered for this award

SiD said...

Thanks a Lot for including my Name!!!!!
wah wah.. feels good ;)

regd Tag.. difficult for me as I dont read that many blogs.. I would like to credit you here only.. another award from my side..

and regd my recent blogs.. well.. some blogs you can find on my other blog which may be termed as 'thinking' ones ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats.,
reading your previous post i thought, you got married or something

Ranjeet said...

Congratulations!!! You are a thinking Cuckoo and not only a singing one!

Cuckoo said...

Elephant Memory,
I’ll start calling you EM then. Oh yes, you are absolutely right !

Aditi,
Thank you and welcome. :)

SiD,
:))) Thank you.
Well, I have more than 60 regulars here, so I too don’t get any chance/time to go anywhere else except to visit my loyal ones.
Thanks for the link. I’ll check in a few days time.

Bach,
Thank you. Heyyy.. you always miss it. In my previous post it was very clear what the post was about.

Ranjeet,
Thank you. Yes, yes. And much more. ;)

Maverick said...

kooolll congrats ! u deserve it. ofcourse u make me think and so do i love ur blog, ofcourse there r some posts where i might not agree with u (thts jus a difference of opinion though), but then i think abt them, ths's y i dont agree :). keep goin, u rock !

Prax said...

Baap re, kitne logo ko sochne pe majboor karthi hai Cuckoo!

Congrats!

david mcmahon said...

G'day Cuckoo,

Nice to see your comments on my blog - and I hope you have included my birth city, Calcutta, in your travel plans!

Tell me when you have time - is India still in the grip of World Cup fever and will the final be followed closely?

I covered the India-Pak final in the 1985 World Championship of Cricket (when my friend Ravi Shastri won the Audi) and even though that was the first time the two countries had faced each other in the final of an ODI world-strength tournament, there was no live TV coverage in India and very little interest here in terms of ticket sales.

How times have changed!

By the way, I write a fortnightly column for the Hindustan Times - maybe it will interest you.

Cheers

David
http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/

tulipspeaks said...

its a great feeling to be honoured. :))) congrats!



ammu.

Anonymous said...

woow congrats on award!!
nice tag cuckoo-chan!!
yeah ur blog is so much fun, that i read it from my mobile too ;)

david mcmahon said...

Hi there, Cuckoo,

Have posted a link to your site on my blog. It's 1am Sunday here in Melbourne - and I'm waiting for the covers to come off the pitch for the World Cup final.

The link to your site is on a blogpost titled ``Click, Click, Here They Are'' on my site.

Cheers

David aka aussiejourno
http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/

Merisi said...

Congratulations to you, to deserve it!
Thank you for your always so sweet comments on my blog, they make me happy every time you come by.
Good weekend!

delhidreams said...

that means i dont make u think ;)

Cuckoo said...

Maverick,
Thank you. It is just a nomination. And I completely agree with you on that else how would we be different ?

PM,
Thank you.

David,
Welcome once again on my blog. Yes, thanks, I followed the final closely and the result was as expected.
Agree, with technology taking the front seat, the times have changed tremendously.

Oh, I’ll check that. Thanks for informing me. And many thanks for linking me, I have checked that.

And keep coming !!

Tulip,
Thanks very much. It is people like you who encourage me to scribble more & more of my sane/insane thoughts.

Nikichan,
yeah ur blog is so much fun, that i read it from my mobile too.. Ahaa !! Now that’s called the moral boosting.
Thank you very much. Hope you had a good weekend.

Merisi,
Welcome again. Thank you very much for your so nice words.

Thank you for your always so sweet comments on my blog, they make me happy every time you come by.. And it is so sweet of you to comment here & pepping me up.

Thanks for coming.

Adi,
that means i dont make u think .. Awww ! That’s so bad of me. ;)

Well, on a serious note.. I have more than 60 regulars on my blog & I couldn’t have tagged each & everyone. The people, who know me even a little bit, know how much I value their blogs and have NOT complained a single bit. I genuinely appreciate their efforts.

Thanks for visiting. Keep coming.

Alpine Path said...

Wow! A Thinking Blog Award! Keep going! :)