Monday, January 01, 2007

YOU ROCK !!!

Today on January 1st 2007, I am going to tell you about some of my dear friends who have given me immense love and confidence and have made me feel blessed. I have shared some of my thoughts with them. I find it pretty amazing. I don’t know much about them but feel very much connected with them. I don’t know these people by their faces but I know these people. I may never meet them in my life but somehow I have met them all.

They are from all over the world. They all are my blogger friends. Yes, I mean YOU !!! You all !!

Before I tell you something more, let me begin with the beginning. As you all might know, I started blogging in July this year. Why ?? Don’t ask me now.

And it was in August when I was blogrolled for the first time. Fleiger, was the first person to blogroll me (I still wonder why). Thanks Fleiger. After that SiD, Sunil, Sigma, Maverick, Pyare Mohan,.. phew !! And also the new ones.. Aditi, Alok and Prashanth !! It was more surprising because I don’t do blog-hopping, go to new blogs only on recommendations or when someone visits my blog.

No, don’t check in Technorati – it is showing a very wrong figure in my case.

Some of you blogrolled me on your first visit to my blog !! Some even dedicated their posts to me !! I was amazed, overwhelmed and dumbfounded and while I am writing this post, my eyes are moist again. I knew none of you here and except for one, no one knew me, yet the bond continues to strengthen, the circle continues to grow... slowly but steadily. A sher (couplet) written by Majrooh Sultanpuri for this moment..

Main akela hi chala tha, janib-e-manzil magar, Log saath aate gaye aur caravan banta gaya.

(I started off alone towards my destination, people kept joining and a caravan thus formed)

A big thanks to all of you, you all are wonderful. This post is dedicated to you.

Here on my blog, I’ll introduce you all to each other. Excuse me if by mistake I miss out your names and correct me if I go wrong somewhere. You can continue telling me about you !! Not providing the links as I’ll go mad doing that.

First Fleiger.. my fellow birdie blogger. I call him Tagger.. Tagger of the Century. The moment he is tagged by someone, more than looking into the tag as what he is supposed to do, he is interested in continuation of tagging business and I think I top the list of his victims. Me and SiD are two of his permanent preys.

SiD is Punjab da puttar and a quiet person. He, like Fleiger, wants to become a writer one day. Wish you both Luck ! His comments are always very sincere. And if you don’t already know, it was SiD who had rechristened me as “Lady Jasoos” a.k.a. LJ.

These two bloggers are coming to my blog since almost the beginning. Lovingly I call them ‘brats’. :)

Abhi has been visiting my blog since its naissance and his was the first blog I visited, hence an emotional attachment with him. *Hugs* Abhi. Although he does not comment often, he reads all my posts. Pyar se I call him ;) He is simple hearted, emotional and sometimes extremely lazy also. ;) Errrr.. I mean in feeding his blog.

Pyare Mohan. Pyar se I call him PM. He has four blogs and I am amazed at how he maintains them!! Ok, one secret about him.. He is one of those persons who blogrolled me on their first visits to my blog. Am I right PM? And beware ! He rides a Tiger !

BendTheRulz. I have given him the name BTR and now Sigma has also started calling PM & BTR by same names. :) Initially BTR was a non blogger for quite sometime, liked my humour posts very much and I think I forced him to become a blogger !! Heyy BTR, What do you say ?

These two have been coming here since almost the same time and I believe, like Abhi, both of them have gone through ALL my posts including comments innumerable no. of times. Thanks buddies.

Ketan bhai, khem cho ? Maza ma ? He is another very regular here and never forgets to leave a comment. Thanks Ketan. I liked your besan pakodas very much, tasted awesome. He has five blogs full of blah-blahs and first time when I saw so many blahs, I had fainted. ;) One more thing. He too is a Libran.

Sigma is yet another regular on my blog. Kabhi kabhi zara late ho jati hain. :P Don’t know how she stumbled here but she liked it. We two have many common traits. When she read ‘Tears of Joy’, she told about her first hand experience of such friendship which got converted into marriage. Sigma, I would like to know more about it.

Mridula has a popular travel blog and is a busy woman. I know her because of the common interest - travel. Right now she is holidaying with her husband in Sikkim.

Maverick is studying in US like many others. Sweet and humble by nature, I like his simplicity very much. We have many common likes and links.. chocolates only in the form of chocolates, colors and Mridula, Alka, Sigma, Sharda.. errrr wait a minute !! All women ?? Hey Maverick, what are you upto ?? :P

Gaurav ?? Do I need to say anything about him ? NO.

Sunil is one more regular here. An engg student and a simple guy who takes life seriously. His serious posts force you sometimes to think beyond this normal, easygoing life. We both have some common traits. All the Best Sunil for all your future ventures.

Sameer is another regular from US to my blog, just like me, to his. His blog is different from our blogs. It is nothing but a collection of his wonderful sketches. Sameer, your blog also needs an update.

Deepak’s blog is also different like Sameer’s. Normally each of his post would contain just one picture and a quote but worth millions. Only complaint – we have to wait for ages to see his next post. Deepak, are you getting the hint ?

Tarun is a consultant in US. He has two blogs.. Zero Hour and Nithalla Chintan. Tarun you got to teach me how to write in Hindi (Btw, Hindi is my mother-tongue) and then I’ll think of giving you a hug, calling you ‘Saale’ as you had asked for. ;)

Prashanth M’s fascinating pictures bowl me over. He has a powerful Nikon as his prized possession and his pictures speak, he doesn’t have to say anything. Though he is a newcomer here, he’s become quite regular.

Aditi is again a newcomer but a regular here. Aditi, I would like to know more about you. If you have some posts to guide me, please leave links here or in my Chit Chat Box.

Alok, like Prashanth M and Aditi is a regular newcomer. :) One fine day he came from nowhere to my blog and linked me ! Alok, do you care to tell me why? Don’t get me wrong, just for curiosity. Coming from Delhi, my city, he caught my attention. Right now he is pursuing business management from Narsee Monjee, Mumbai. Am I right Alok ?

Gangadhar is a genuinely simple person and more famous because of his three year old son. Right Ganga ? I enjoy small things of life through his posts. He also blogrolled me immediately after coming here.

Mayank is a non blogger but likes my each & every post. Never he says anything against my writing and always full of praise. Thanks Mayank but I think you exaggerate. :) Can’t say anything else since I don’t know anything else about him.

Priyam is very much like Mayank, a non blogger and likes my blog. I request both of you to have your blogs. Believe me, you are going to enjoy it.

Nikichan is a sweet girl from Tokyo, a common link on Fleiger’s blog. She has a cute pet and I guess she likes Sushi very much. She too likes my posts and keeps sending links to her friends. Thanks Nikichan for coming and boosting my morals up.

Keshi is a Sri-lankan from Sydney, one of my favourite places. Has a lively blog, full of life. Two complaints about her – writes too frequently to catch up with the posts and enabling of comment moderations. :))

Sharda is one more reader from US, has started coming to my blog more frequently than before. She is a common link between me and Maverick. My interest in her blog is for her sincere and simple writing. Yet to go through her blog in details so can’t say much about her. Sharda, I would like to know more about you. If you have some posts to guide me, please give me the links.

Kamal T is SiD’s friend and so you know how he reached my blog. Like many others he is also an occasional commenter and his comments come right from his heart. Thanks KT. More than polished, I like raw opinions. Once it had happened that I was reading his blog and he was sitting on mine !! Both were commenting as if chatting. Do you remember it KT ?

Bharat Mukkati is a friend of SiD and Fleiger.. a simple sincere guy. Earlier he was quite regular on my blog but these days I don’t see him. I liked his background music of Malgudi days and his sexy babe. :))

MBA is from Chicago, lives on 33rd floor :P and as the name suggests, pursuing his MBA. Again, I have renamed him by this short and sweet name. He doesn’t want to be a consultant or an investment banker. As far as I know he also blogrolled me on his first visit to my blog. MBA, where are you these days ? Exam time is over.

Alka is Mridula’s sister and always forgets the link to my blog !! But when she comes after getting the link again, she goes through even all the comments. Her visit to my blog peps me up.

Adi is the most lost (or should I say most focused? ) person in this whole gang here. He is deeply in love and so is his blog. There is so much love floating around on his blog and whoever goes there, wants to fall in love. :)) Adi, May you see more of those blissful days and nights.

Hazel Dream is from Mumbai in the hotel industry, these days a busy man. Writes some of very serious stuff and envies me like hell !! In his own words “I envy you .. u are so bloody regular with ur blog. how do u manage time....”.

Lord Suicaine is a 15 year old kid, fully engrossed in computers and computer games. I am amazed to see how he makes those animations in a few minutes time. I guess he is busy these days, class X after all. Wish you Luck for your board exams !

Jac is from Sudan and is learning Hindi !! Common on Keshi and Adi’s blog. He writes about his day to day experiences. Nothing more I know about him though would like to do it. Jac, aapne suna kya ?

Jeevan is a sincere and gentle boy from Chennai with a simple but thoughtful blog. Jeevan, Where are you these days?

Deepak Menon is common link between Gangadhar and me. I believe he likes my humorous posts of both blogs very much and once he said he was sending the entire post along with comments to his son in US.

Prashant. Yes, there is one more Prashant. This simple person is from Pune and has a unique way of conveying his thoughts and poetries.

There are many others who are not very regular but keep dropping by sometime or the other. Starry nights, Eclipsed thoughts, sparkle, Raman Gupta, desi mom, misireni, ginco leaves, GuN, eternal heights to name a few.

Note:- For fear of it becoming a very long list, I have written about only the regulars. Though some of the 1-2 timers did impact me by their writing.

Here I’ll name only Rompy, SiD’s friend. His touchy post Adios made me cry that day and I still visit his blog to read that post. SiD, please convey my wishes to your friend.

Apart from all these who have shown me their faces some time or the other, there are innumerable silent faceless readers who come here regularly but NEVER comment.

A big THANKS to all of you. Wish you all a very Happy, Prosperous, Successful and full of Love Year 2007.

YOU ROCK !!

Announcement :- Blog on my travel experiences has emerged now. :) Next post on that blog will appear in a few days time. Still working on.

P.S.- Listen to the song now, specially for you. :)))

Current Song – Dhoom Machale Dhoom Machale Dhoom

46 comments:

Amey said...

Hmmm... I get the honour of being mentioned first :D Thanx...

Happy New Year to You too... Hope 2007 is as good as 2006 to you.

Sunil Parashar said...

Hello Cuckoo.
Happy New Year!

Thanks for those words for me.-it's an matter of honor to see my name in your friend list.

May this year you have loads of Happiness and Success.:)

Sigma said...

Hey Cuckoo, A very Happy New Year to you too!!

There ... you have given me away .... most of the people who visit my blog initially think I am a guy ;-) They are surprised, and sometimes rather disappointed, to learn I am not :-D

Well, as for being late, I must clarify that I read everything almost immediately (thanks to my google reader) ... its in writing out my comment that I am lazy sometimes (again thanks to the reader), especially during the working days. :-)

As for the story, I will write it up sometime too, for the whole world to listen ;-)

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet..

Wishing you a very happy new year,cuckoo.. :)

cheers

Cuckoo said...

Alok,
Hmmm one fine day... Noted the name, will definitely see it. Kya aap smile ka reason batane ka kasht karenge ? Either here or on your blog ? :) But I still not got the answer to my query. :))

:) u r actuallly sweeeet…Oh thank you. :))
Aur neend to aayegi hi agar aap subah ke paanch baje comments likhenge toh. :P

Fleiger,
Oh my fellow birdie blogger :P

I get the honour of being mentioned first.. :D Thanx... You got the honour for something else also, which was more significant to me. Read carefully. :)))

Sunil,
it's an matter of honor to see my name in your friend list… Indeed you are in the list of blogger buddies ! Thanks for your wishes.

Cuckoo said...

Sigma,
you have given me away .... Oh you are disappointed about that ? :P Well, To tell you the truth, for first few days I also thought so & was wondering why this guy is taking so much interest in my blog ;) llolll…, Then somewhere in your blog I read your name which led to one more curiosity.. why this name Sigma ?? It appears masculine to me. Perhaps that must be the reason for others as well.

Late ??? Arrey, dil pe mat le yaar ;) it was in lighter moments. *Hugs* Hmmm.. I have not done that google reader thing yet, guide me how to go about pls.

As for the story, I will write it up sometime too, for the whole world to listen.. Wow ! waiting anxiously. Logon ko guidance milega ;) Ha Ha !

Gangadhar,
Thanks for the wishes Ganga. :)))

Abhinav said...

Happy New Year to u too

Thanx for dropping by

Prax said...

Hmm... Initially when i read the Heading of the post, i thought it was on the TIME magazine person of the year - YOU!

Thanks for the mention, Cuckoo!

Firstly - on maintaining four blogs. When you have no work, maintaining four blogs is damn simple. Will know about my management capabilities in the next few months with a crazy schedule hanging in front of me!

Secondly - Blogrolling you on the first visit? I honestly dont remember. I do remember that your posts were about simple things, viewed in a different way. Your simplicity appealed to me and my blogrolling action was a spontaneous one.

Thirdly - Riding a Tiger? Ha ha ha... you can say that again...

SiD said...

WOW!!! it feels great to have a blog dedicated to u!!!
u feel like a celebrity ;)
thanks for writing this and may you have a rocking year ahead.. with scores of lovely and thought provoking topics on the blog!!!
All the best!!

(btw... bharath is on leave..guess he is still india.. thats why no comments :) )

Amey said...

I didn't know you valued me tagging you so highly :D
I will remember that...

Hazel Dream said...

Thank you dear for such a tribute to our irregular dedication , you are spreading diabetes now with ur sweetness
and yes my new year resolution . to be half as good as u with my blog . I started with 1 st jan so please visit

Cuckoo said...

Abhinav,
Welcome to my blog. Happy New Year to you too !! Keep coming.

PM,
You are welcome PM. Well, crazy schedule will save you from so many other things, especially it helps one in keeping oneself busy... away from those lonely thoughts. That's what I take it as. I am sure you will be able handle it all very well. All the Very Best for your future endeavors.
But don’t make us miss you, don’t forget to visit this blog !!

I honestly dont remember... Believe me, its true. And I respect the reason you told me for doing that.

Your simplicity appealed to me and my blogrolling action was a spontaneous one... Thank you very much for your so nice encouraging words. :)) And I always look forward to reading your comments.

SiD,
Welcome, bade dino baad aap yahan aaye. Thank you very much for so nice encouraging words. Tahe dil se shukriya. Yes, I’ll continue to bug you guys with my nagging inner thoughts. :))

bharath is on leave... Thanks for the information. Btw, have you passed on my message to your friend Rompy ooops Ripudaman ??

Cuckoo said...

Alok,
why do some ppl get hugs, n some dont ???..Ha Ha Ha.. you feeling jealous ? ;)

new yr hai, sabko milni chaiye ..???...Acha? Why so? I would have agreed had I been drunk during new year party. :P

All the Best for your exams ! Keep coming & keep commenting.

Fleiger,
Ohhh you missed it again. :((
Hint – It is not in your introduction. For a change, you’ll have to read the whole post dear busy Tagger.

Hazel Dream,
Welcome here after a hiatus. Hope this new year be better than previous years. Good that you started blogging again.

you are spreading diabetes now with ur sweetness... Kya Baat Hai ? This time everybody is saying I am so sweet ? :P
Ahem Ahem..

Amey said...

Oh, the "brats" bit... gotcha :D

Cuckoo said...

Fleiger,
Wronggggggggggggggg !!! How was that ‘brat’ significant to me ?? I feel like calling you i**** Grrrrrrrrrrr..
Ha Ha..

Prashanth M said...

Thats a wonderful post... thanking each and everyone of your blogger friend...

happy new year to you too...

and thanks for the nice words... honoured :)

SiD said...

@cuckoo: bade dino baad aap yahan aaye.
me too was away - had gone to Shimla - away from the world of computers!! ;)

ab u will say - when is the blog coming .. hahahah

Aditi said...

happy new year..
awesome post...thank u...hmm i wish i could give u links for getting to know me but hey.. this is a good start.. maybe we can just build on it

Sigma said...

Cuckoo, no, I am not at all disappointed. I have had to correct quite a few people :-)
But I do wonder why everyone associates Sigma with masculine gender ? It is a simple greek letter (and as you would remember, the symbol for Summation in Maths and Physics). That is how I describe myself - a summation of many qualities. Hahaha. :-D

Reader is quite simple. And an easy way to get notification (and content) of new posts on blogs you like to read, without actually having to go and check every so often, and without even visiting the page (will you consider that a guilty confession ?)
Go to reader.google.com, sign in, and in the left hand side, you'll see a link to manage subscriptions from blogspot. Just add the links of your favored blogs there, and you are done!!

Well, the story might be fun, but may not be something to guide anyone. :-D But do let me know in case you want any tips ;-)

Unknown said...

nice.. you have a lot of enthu! :)
happy new year!!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Cuckoo !!

Wonderful post. You took so much of pains to write about each & every blogger friend ! It is amazing. You are so down to earth person.

May God bless you with His choicest blessings.

Prax said...

yahaan toh bhaithe bhaithe shrikand ban rahaa hai!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

awwww wat a sweet new year post!!
yeah i like sushi...lololol
thank u million, cuckoo-chan!!
Happy New Year 2007 with loads of fun and love!!!!!!
hugzzzzzz

Deepak said...

Thanks Cuckoo :)
Wish you a very Happy New Year too!

Yup, got the hint...Loud and clear.
You should see some posts soon.

Amey said...

Right... how can I know what is "significant" to you? Now, calling me i*** is significant or not?

Keshi said...

Well waddya know girl U ROCK TOO! :) Happy New Year HUGGGGGGGGGZ!

**writes too frequently to catch up with the posts and enabling of comment moderations

LOL okkk then hahaha! I will try to make it like 2 posts a week then..is that ok? :)

Fleiger got me to ya blog...so I thank him always!

Keshi.

Bendtherulz said...

Will still maintain that you know how to shook people - this time with your simplicity you have floored me.
Thanks so much for your kind lovely words!! Yes I admit it was your insistence which made me share my Blog and its always a pleasure to get your comments but more so when I read your post - I think that's why I have scoured many on archive.
Congrats on "Travel Blog" - I am so partial to Travelling - so just excuse me if I frequent that one a lot more....!

God Bless and as Keshi has said " You truly ROCK "!

Cuckoo said...

Prashanth,
I have just told the truth. Have I lied somewhere ? Enjoy and Have fun. :)))

SiD,
Oh Wow ! Has snowfall started there ? In 2005 Dec, I went to Kulu- Manali just to see the snowfall & God had obliged us. Yes, you guessed it right. Looking forward to your post.

Aditi,
Ok, as you say :)))

Cuckoo said...

Sigma,
Good na ? I helped you then. LOL @ your description of yourself. Ise kehte hain Muh mian mithu ;) Liked it. :)))

Hmmm now I know why my site counter reading is going slow :P Kidding ok? Will do it one of these days. Not getting time. :(

But do let me know in case you want any tips… Ha Ha nice thinking ;) Liked it again. Cuckoo khush hui. But eagerly waititng for that post or series of posts ?

Sameer,
Thank you very much. :))

Priyam,
Thank you very much for nice thoughts. I just wanted to wish my friends on new year and wanted to tell them they are great.

Cuckoo said...

Alok,
Heyy, how were your exams ? Over na ya aur hai abhi?

u sure, u can digest all this ??.. Well, till now I was thinking I am a bit namkeen and sour but people here are singing a different tune ;) No, I don’t want any more sweet.. I am spreading sweetness right now :P Do you want some ?

PM,
Oh Oh, PM. Ha Ha.. Tasted Shrikhand kya ;) Btw, How are you doing ? Anything new ? How's Tiger ? Even mine is a little dull these days. I think she was the one who met Tiger. *scratching my head*

Nikichan,
Oh my sweet sweet niki-chan. Glad to see you here. Thank you very much, and hugzzz back . Some people are jealous that I hug only to select ppl.. lolllz

Cuckoo said...

Deepak,
Thanks Deepak. Good. Never knew I am so good at conveying things. ;) Ha Ha

Fleiger,
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... I am pulling my hair now. You know it, right? Just trying to pull my legs. Huh?

Keshi,
Thank you very much. Yeah, you must have noticed my absence in between on your blog, I wasn’t able to cope up with your speed. ;) HUGZZZZZZ and Keep coming.

Fleiger got me to ya blog...so I thank him always!... Hmmm one more credit to Fleiger ? :P

Cuckoo said...

BTR,
Ohh Oh BTR, I am touched by your words. Thanks so much for so nice encouraging words. And I am aware of your and PM’s scouring of my Archive and that makes me feel more humble and grateful. Thanks again. keep commenting wherever you want to :)))

Well, let me see how frequently I can post on my travel blog. Keep coming.

Amey said...

So, you got onto me...
Well, with you pulling your hair and me pulling your leg, you must be pretty uncomfortable by now. So, I am going to lay off now :D

Cuckoo said...

Fleiger,
Ha Ha... Very clever. But I still not got the answer. Nice way to distract :P

Suman Pant said...

OMG... wow, you can really state every body's name and infact i am surprised the way you have known so many since july...

A very happy new year to you as well.. may you get peace, joy and luck always... god bless you!

Prax said...

Ha ha... i am doing ok... drowning.. drowning gasp gasp... hmmm... tiger met Miss zen??? then we would have met too... *scratching head...*
are you a 74 year old parsi bawa? bcos that was the owner of the zen my tiger had met ;-)

Cuckoo said...

Eclipsed Thoughts,
Glad to see you here again. How're you and where have you been ? Keep coming.

PM,
lolllll...Oh no ! Then I think there is some identity crisis. Must have been some other. Me more of a highway driver ;).. can't take the risk of driving within Mumbai. This is not Delhi where one can drive in style.

Prax said...

hmmm... delhi driving... *thinking* i have seen delhi driving... rather experienced... the style is amazing... instead of a horn, the drivers have an amazing vocabulary of inexplicable audibles that compensate for the expression of honking...

mathew said...

awesome tributes..hoping to see more of ur blogs coming...a very belated new year greeting!!

Keshi said...

hehe no probs sweetie. I'm gonna slow down with new posts in the new year :) tnxx for the tip!

Keshi.

Mridula said...

How I wish that holiday would never end! A travel blog, now that is my kind of a thing.

delhidreams said...

hey thanks so much
m actually blushing here ;)
wonder how many ppl i've managed to fall in love with me...
thanks thanks thanks
also,
i wud like to have alok's blog link
first cos he's from delhi
and second, my real name is alok too :) adi is only my nickname swthrt
love u
love ur blog
and wish more love to both hum and tum...
and one more thing
i wud like u to visit
oceanicmirages also
u'll find my love there
that was ur new year gift
kaisa laga, jaroor batana ;)

Cuckoo said...

PM,
LOLLLLL, I agree.

Mathew,
Welcome again. Thank you and same to you. Come regularly and you’ll find many posts here. They keep emerging out of nowhere. :)

Keshi,
Hee Hee, you are welcome. But I don’t see any change in your speed.

Mridula,
Yes, my travel blog. Now you have visited also. I am sure you going to enjoy it.

Adi,
I know what your real name is. Given you Alok's link on your blog.

and wish more love to both hum and tum.... Thank you from both of them ;)

I visited the site and it is lovely. Why don’t you two do some jugalbandi ? I could see some out there and it was fantastic.

So You Wanna Be An MBA said...

Hi,

Thanks for the New Year wishes and hope you too have a great new year ahead!
Been busy - first with the exams and then with the nerve wracking interview season.. let's see how it fares. Enjoyed reading your posts.

Cheers!

Cuckoo said...

MBA,
Great to see you here after a longgggggggg hiatus !
Just now I was on your blog knocking at your door waking you up !

Enjoyed reading your posts... Ahaa! you really read them despite of your busy schedule ?? errr.. skejule :P

Thanks. Keep coming.

So You Wanna Be An MBA said...

Ha ha! Yes, I'm a pretty quick reader ;)